Conference Aston boasts an exceptional location on the Aston University campus, benefitting from extensive transport links; we promote using public transport when visiting our venue, with three mainline stations which are indicated on the downloadable map (right), all stations are within walking distance.
Travelling by car
1. Exit at Junction 6 for A38(M) following signs for “Birmingham (Cen)”.
2. Take lane 2 of the A38(M) for 2 miles, following signs for “City Centre”.
3. Exit left off the A38(M) immediately after the overhead “End of Motorway” sign, before the flyover. Keep left and follow signs for “Aston University”.
From M42, East Midlands and Birmingham Airport
Leave the M42 at Junction 7(A), following signs for “M6 (N) Birmingham (Central & N)” join the M6 (N). Follow the directions from M6 above.
From M5 South-West and City Centre
1. Leave the M5 at Junction 3, signposted “A456” towards Birmingham. Follow the A456 for about 5 miles towards the “City Centre”.
2. As you approach the City Centre, the road broadens to three lanes. Take the right hand lane following signs for “Convention and Broad Street”. Take the under pass onto Broad Street and continue straight on.
3. At the roundabout merge right and then stay in the left lane, take the 1st exit onto Great Charles Street Queensway, following signs for “A38(M), M6” and “Thinktank at Millennium Point”.
4. Keep in the right hand lane and after the traffic lights, merge right to take the underpass, signed “M6, M42, M5” and “A38”.
5. After the underpass, exit left immediately before the flyover, signposted “Aston University”, then stay in the right hand lane.
6. At the Lancaster Circus round-about take the 3rd exit off signposted “Aston University”.
From M40 Oxford
Take M40 north and join the M42 westbound towards the M5. Travel north on the M5, leaving at junction 3 and follow directions from M5 South-West above.
From M1 and The South
Take M1 north and exit at Junction 19 to join the M6 towards Birmingham. Follow the directions above from the M6.
From South Birmingham (Moseley, A45, A34)
Join the A4540 heading North. When Birmingham Science Park is on your left,
take the left turn at the traffic lights onto Lister Street, continuing onto Woodcock Street.
New Street, Snow Hill and Moor Street train stations are all within 20 minutes walk of the venue or a 5 minute taxi journey. Please visit www.thetrainline.com for details and tickets. On foot from the stations: We have developed interactive Google walking maps from New Street and Snow Hill train stations, available for download from www.conferenceaston.co.uk
A number of bus services operate to the University campus throughout the day. For further information, please visit www.nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands where a route planner to the Aston University campus is available.
All of the venues have taxi drop off points. Be sure to say to your driver that they should go to the Aston University campus. The central drop off point is a 2 minute walk to the conference centres and hotel.
The venue is a mere 9 miles from Birmingham Airport and a taxi journey should take approximately 20-30 minutes dependent on traffic. There are also trains from Birmingham International station to Birmingham New Street (approximately 5-10 minutes journey time) then follow the directions above for taxi journeys or walking to the venue.